Monday, April 17, 2017

Reuse tiles for garden border

Super simple tip of the day! I wanted a border between my flower bed and my grass primarily so I will know when one is encroaching on the other. I hate how those plastic ones look and they seem unwieldy to install. I like to reuse or repurpose things instead of buying new so after perusing the local Habitat Restore I came up with the solution to use old tiles. I simply bought a bunch in cream to light pink colors at $.05 each. I used a hand trowel after a light rain to insert them on their corners halfway buried. I did this last fall and only needed to rebury a couple over the winter that had come out. They are on a slight hill so while the backs show some dirt the fronts stay fairly clean. I think it looks so much prettier that plastic and I didn't have any breakage from freezing this winter. Cheap, pretty and serves their purpose! If I do this again I will try to find more colorful ones and do a pattern.



No comments:

Post a Comment