Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Tablet case from old book

I recently bought a new tablet but didn't want to spend a bunch of money on a case for it so I made my own from an old hardcover children's book. Beginning with the title page, I laid the tablet flat and I traced around it including half circles so I could still access the volume button and power button and accommodate the cord if it is charging. I cut out that shape page by page using an exacto knife. I then glued all the pages together and let it dry, weighted down with my sewing machine, overnight. This creates a nest for the tablet. I used double sided removable tape on the back of the tablet to affix it to the book. If I did it again I would select a thicker book but it works well! Protects the tablet and it is easy to hold.










No comments:

Post a Comment