Friday, March 19, 2010

Bike It


Okay you already know biking is good for your health and good for the environment. How good for your health? Half an hour of not too strenous biking and your last Krispy Creme doughnut is cancelled out or about 8 calories for every minute you bike! How good for the environment? Imagine breathing in the air from your tailpipe compared to the air that follows your bike. It is also much more frugal. The current government rate for operating a motor vehicle is $.50 a mile. That means by leaving your car parked in your driveway and taking your bike instead to go 2 miles to and from the grocery store, video store, library you are saving $2 and wear and tear on your car with each trip and getting environmental AND health benefits. I commute to work on my bike, do errands on my bike and go to the gym on my bike thus saving myself from having to use the super boring stationary bikes. If you haven't used yours recently, get it out, dust it off, pump up the tires and start pedaling. You'll be glad you did. Now if I could just find a "powered by chocolate" t-shirt to wear while riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment